* Please note that the recording links will be delivered to you via a downloadable word document in your confirmation e-mail. The PowerPoint that corresponds with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
It seems that we get changes to HMDA and/or Regulation C every year. 2020 was no exception. The changes keep adding to the challenge of fully complying with the requirements of the law and regulation. During 2020 the coverage thresholds were revised.
HMDA-reporting banks spend considerable time in January and February of each year “scrubbing” HMDA data before the March 1st submission date. The 2020 data must be submitted to the CFPB by March 1, 2021. This webinar is designed to get you ready for data submission.
Errors can result from the failure to report a covered loan, reporting a loan that is not reportable, or miscoding data on reported loans. Regulators continue to report significant error rates for HMDA data. Penalties may be imposed for such errors. This program reviews data collection and reporting rules, common problems that occur when collecting and reporting the HMDA data, and issues related to the public disclosure of the information.
This two-hour webinar recording focuses on the basic rules of HMDA and Regulation C and provides the information needed to assure accurate reporting of 2020 HMDA data.
You’ll receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the recording is viewed.
The recording provides:
- A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C for the 2020 reporting cycle;
- Which institutions are eligible for the EGRRCPA partial HMDA exemption and options for compliance available to those institutions;
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable;
- Detailed information on how to complete the LAR;
- Clarification of the rules related to secondary market and broker transactions;
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements;
- Steps to identify and eliminate reporting errors and thereby avoid penalties; and
- Actions to take to prepare for submitting the 2020 data to the CFPB.
The recording is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors and clerks and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of HMDA and Regulation C or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the existing requirements of HMDA and Regulation C.