* Please note that the recording links will be delivered to you via a downloadable word document in your confirmation e-mail. The materials that correspond with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
This webinar recording will focus on the key points that financial institutions need to be aware of relating to their real estate valuation program to ensure they are operating in compliance with Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines and other regulations.
This recording focuses on current issues involving ordering & reviewing valuation reports and contains information relevant to those who manage or are involved with the appraisal and evaluation process within an institution. A reference manual will be included. Sample appraisal & evaluation review checklists, Engagement Letters and/or other samples are available upon request. The instructor is a certified appraiser with extensive experience in ordering and reviewing appraisals.
Upon completion of this recording you’ll understand:
- Keeping it Independent – Discussion of the steps necessary to ensure the appraiser’s independence is maintained
- Types of Valuation Reports and When Each is Needed – A discussion of the various types of appraisal and/or evaluation reports and when their use is appropriate
- USPAP’s Role in Ordering Appraisals
- Understanding the Scope of Work – The three approaches to value and the reconciliation section of the appraisal will be discussed, including discussion on the regulatory opinion of the Scope of Work
- Qualified Review Personnel – A discussion of who is considered appropriately qualified to review appraisals is presented, as well as how to document their qualifications
- Understanding the Various Types of Reviews – The differences between a USPAP Compliance Review and a USPAP Standard 3 Review will be discussed along with outsourcing reviews
- Spotting a Good or Bad Appraisal – How to discuss items of concern with the appraisers and how to document and create a paper trail when necessary
- Evaluation Requirements and Procedures – A discussion of minimum evaluation requirements, composition and handling their reviews
The recording is designed for members of the institution who are involved with the ordering and review of appraisals, as well as other members that will rely on appraisals will be interested in attending this program. In addition to any appraisal department member, this may include credit officers, loan officers, credit analysts, loan review officers, credit administration supervisors, and loan assistants.