* Please note that the recording will not be immediately delivered to you. Upon purchasing please allow 24-48 hours for delivery. The recording will come in the form of a web link via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. The training manual that corresponds with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
There are several key points that banks need to be aware of relating to ordering and reviewing appraisals or evaluations to ensure they are operating in compliance with Title XI of FIRREA and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines
This webinar recording focuses on current issues involving ordering & reviewing valuation reports and contains information relevant to those who manage or are involved with the appraisal and evaluation process within a bank.
Upon completion of this two-hour recording participants understand:
- Appraisal Regulation Update – A discussion of recent regulatory changes around the real estate valuation processes, including discussion of the Commercial Real Estate Transaction threshold increase to $500,000
- Dealing with the appraiser shortages and higher fees – Discussion of the current shortages of appraisers as well as any possible regulatory changes to address the problem for the near future
- Available Report Options and When Each is Needed – A discussion of the various types of appraisal or evaluations reports and when their use is appropriate; this includes suggestions that are often overlooked but could save your borrowers on fees and often have quicker turn-times
- Minimum Appraisal Standards – Discussion of minimum appraisal standards, the appraisal development process, and transactions that will require an appraisal; several examples will be discussed around the “As Is” value requirement
- Minimum Evaluation Standards – A discussion of when the use of an evaluation is acceptable as well as minimum evaluation requirements necessary for an acceptable evaluation; a detailed overview of the threshold increase for Commercial Real Estate Transactions with examples will be included
- Understanding the Various Types of Reviews – The differences between an Appraisal Compliance Review and a USPAP Standard 3 Review will be discussed along with outsourcing reviews; also includes discussion of the Evaluation Compliance Review
- Understanding Capitalization Rates in an appraisal – Discussion of how these are derived and how to understand their use in the commercial appraisal report
Members of the bank who are involved with the ordering and review of appraisals, as well as other members that will rely on appraisals will be interested in attending this program. In addition to any appraisal department member, this may include credit officers, loan officers, credit analysts, loan review officers, credit administration supervisors, and loan assistants.