* Please note that the recording links will be delivered to you via a downloadable word document in your confirmation e-mail. The PowerPoint that corresponds with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
Bad news travels fast – faster and farther than good news ever does! A dissatisfied customer will reach more people with their tale of woe than any happy customer, and they have more outlets than ever to voice their opinion. Who is listening? Your existing and potential customers are, your competition is aware, and your examiners take special note. Are you paying attention?
Don’t despair! Taking heed of your bank’s complaints is, in fact, a very good thing! Complaints offer a window into the future of issues to be resolved. They provide an early warning system, giving you the opportunity to work out issues before they get out of hand. A dissatisfied customer, who is genuinely heard and respectfully handled, can become one of your most loyal customers. Conversely, unresolved complaints of today become the regulations of tomorrow.
Equally important, a robust and effective complaint management program is a key component of your Compliance Management System (CMS). The FFIEC Guidance on the Uniform Interagency Consumer Compliance Rating System lists “the responsiveness and effectiveness of the consumer complaint resolution process” as an assessment factor to consider and examine. A weak program will have a direct impact on your consumer compliance examination rating.
Examiners will delve into your complaints, whether you have done so or not. Having a strong program in place demonstrates your commitment to compliance and provides evidence that you use them as a tool to identify and mitigate risk in all four compliance management program pillars.
This webinar recording will review the current regulatory environment concerning complaints, explore the relationship between complaints and CMS oversight, detail examiner expectations, and provide real, meaningful solutions to comply. In addition to the webinar slides and manual, participants will receive a sample program to customize for their own institution, including a policy, complaint form, and complaint tracker.
Upon completion of this two-hour recording you will understand:
- Why complaints are such a big deal;
- How the regulatory agencies handle complaints made to them;
- Supervisory view of complaints;
- How complaints can impact the four compliance management program pillars (and what they are)
- Complaints as a compliance risk management tool;
- UDAAP refresher and its connection to complaints;
- How to define a complaint;
- The life cycle of a bank complaint;
- Complaint Management Program Components;
- Who owns the Complaint Management Program;
- How to write (or update) an appropriate program for your bank;
- How to complete the complaint form;
- How to complete and use the complaint tracker;
- How to successfully implement the program;
- Board Reporting considerations.
The recording is designed for compliance officers, auditors and business line managers.