A Premium Beneficial Ownership Rules Compliance Management System is avaiable. In addition to all the materials you receive with the standard Beneficial Ownership Rules compliance management system, shown here, it includes our New Beneficial Ownership Rules webinar recording and PowerPoint slides. To access the Premium Beneficial Ownership Rules Compliance Management System click here.
FinCEN issued final rules under the Bank Secrecy Act to clarify and strengthen customer due diligence requirements for banks, brokers or dealers in securities, mutual funds, futures commission merchants and introducing brokers in commodities. The rules contain explicit customer due diligence requirements and includes a new requirement to identify and verify the identity of beneficial owners of legal entity customers, subject to certain exclusions and exemptions.
Upon completion of this training, participants will understand:
- Which formerly implied guidance has now been codified into express regulations;
- How to define a “legal entity customer”;
- Written procedural requirements under the new rule;
- The two types of beneficial owners: “ownership prong” and “control prong”;
- The types of accounts and legal entity customers excluded or exempted from identification and verification requirements;
- The model form provided by FinCEN to satisfy the identification requirements;
- How to develop a customer risk profile as part of the risk based due diligence requirements;
- The ongoing monitoring necessary under the new rules;
- Options for gathering beneficial ownership information for owners with less than 25% ownership;
- What changes need to be made to existing written policies, procedures and training programs; and
- Record retention requirements.
Compliance Management Systems provides our products on a specific topic at a lower cost than you can purchase each item individually, saving you time and money. The Beneficial Ownership Rules Compliance Management System provides a Training Manual, Policy Update, Procedures Update, and Certification Form.
Orignally published 2016. Reviewed September 2019.