* Please note that the recording will not be immediately delivered to you. Upon purchasing please allow 24-48 hours for delivery. The recording will come in the form of a web link via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. The other materials will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.
FinCEN issued final rules under the Bank Secrecy Act to clarify and strengthen customer due diligence requirements for banks, brokers or dealers in securities, mutual funds, futures commission merchants and introducing brokers in commodities. The rules contain explicit customer due diligence requirements and includes a new requirement to identify and verify the identity of beneficial owners of legal entity customers, subject to certain exclusions and exemptions.
Upon completion of this training, participants will understand:
- Which formerly implied guidance has now been codified into express regulations;
- How to define a “legal entity customer”;
- Written procedural requirements under the new rule;
- The two types of beneficial owners: “ownership prong” and “control prong”;
- The types of accounts and legal entity customers excluded or exempted from identification and verification requirements;
- The model form provided by FinCEN to satisfy the identification requirements;
- How to develop a customer risk profile as part of the risk based due diligence requirements;
- The ongoing monitoring necessary under the new rules;
- Options for gathering beneficial ownership information for owners with less than 25% ownership;
- What changes need to be made to existing written policies, procedures and training programs; and
- Record retention requirements.
Compliance Management Systems provides our products on a specific topic at a lower cost than you can purchase each item individually, saving you time and money. The Premium Beneficial Ownership Rules Compliance Management System provides the recording of our New Beneficial Ownership Rules Webinar (w/ PowerPoint slides), Training Manual, Policy Update, Procedures Update, and Model Certification Form.
Originally published 2016. Reviewed September 2019.