* Please note that the recording will not be immediately delivered to you. Upon purchasing please allow 24-48 hours for delivery. The recording will come in the form of a web link via e-mail from [email protected] The training manual that corresponds with the recording will be automatically delivered upon purchasing via email from the website.WHAT?
The Truth in Lending Act/Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act Integrated Disclosure (TRID) rules were effective on October 3, 2015. Lenders scrambled to master the details of the new disclosures. Construction loans were particularly difficult because of a lack of binding clarification of the requirements. But help arrived.
On July 7, 2017 the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published final rules to clarify the TRID rules for construction loans. The final rules were effective on October 10, 2017 and compliance was mandatory on October 1, 2018.
Finally receiving clarification was a relief but there are a ton of details to master. The CFPB still has not provided sample forms for construction loans, in spite of repeated promises.
This two-hour webinar recording presents the details that are essential to mastering compliance with TRID construction loan rules.
The recording and the materials, which are completely updated for the 2018 revisions, provide updated regulatory guidance for construction loans. The recording explains coverage and exemption rules and provides section-by-section guidance on completing the Loan Estimate and the Closing Disclosure for the most typical construction loan options. Numerous form samples are provided. The recording provides answers for the many questions bankers have regarding the proper disclosure of construction loans.
Upon completion of the program, participants understand:
- When and why construction loans are covered by the TRID rules;
- How to complete the loan estimate and closing disclosure for:
- Construction only loans
- Combined construction/permanent loans (both one-close and two-close); and
- Permanent financing that replaces construction financing.
- How to properly estimate interest on a construction loan;
- The impact of a construction only loan versus a lot purchase/construction loan;
- When to disclose “Sales Price,” “Estimated Value,” or “Appraised Value;”
- How to determine the proper “Purpose” of the loan;
- How to properly describe the “Product;”
- The proper disclosure of projected payments;
- How to properly disclose inspection fees;
- How to disclose undisbursed construction funds;
- Completing the “Cash to Close”, “Optional Alternative Cash to Close” and “Cash to Close” in the Borrower’s Summary of the Closing Disclosure;
- When the AP Table is needed and how to properly complete it;
- How to complete the “In 5 years” disclosure for short-term construction loans;
- When to include the “60 days prior to consummation” disclosure; and
- Much more.
The recording is designed for those seeking answers to questions regarding the proper disclosure of construction loans. It is for everyone involved in the origination of construction loans, those making decisions on construction loan products, compliance staff and auditors.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 43 years. In 38 years as a trainer over 145,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.