Discrimination Based on Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation
March 30, 2021REGISTER NOW
All registrations to Compliance Resource webinars include five live connections AND the recording of the webinar (guaranteed for one year).
On March 9, 2021 the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published an interpretative rule entitled Equal Credit Opportunity (Regulation B); Discrimination on the Bases of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. The interpretative rule:
- Clarifies that, with respect to any aspect of a credit transaction, the prohibition against sex discrimination in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Regulation B encompasses sexual orientation discrimination and gender identity discrimination, including discrimination based on actual or perceived nonconformity with sex-based or gender-based stereotypes and discrimination based on an applicant’s associations.
- Will be effective upon publication in the Federal Register.
This two-hour program provides the information needed to fully implement the provisions of the interpretative rule as soon as reasonably possible.
Program participants receive a detailed manual that provides a thorough explanation of the interpretative rule.
Upon completion of the program participants understand:
- The Equal Credit Opportunity (Regulation B); Discrimination on the Bases of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity interpretative rule;
- The details of the June 15, 2020 Supreme Court case of Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia, which is the basis of the interpretative rule;
- The previous position of the CFPB and the prudential regulators on this issue;
- The scope of the interpretative rule, which includes every aspect of any loan, made for any purpose;
- The specific issues addressed in the interpretative rule;
- Clarification of “discrimination based on an applicant’s associations”;
- Issues to be addressed in the compliance management system, including policies, procedures and training.
The program is designed for compliance officers, loan operations personnel, loan officers, loan originators, auditors and others involved in originating and servicing loans.
*This program will start at 11:00 AM EDT, 10:00 AM CDT, 9:00 AM MDT, or 8:00 AM PDT
This webinar will be recorded and sent to all registrants. You will receive links to the recording following the program. These recordings have unlimited viewings and are available for up to one year.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 45 years. In 40 years as a trainer over 150,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
March 30, 2021