It’s 2019 and your examiners are due at your financial institution next month. Will your bank pass the test? This program is designed to update you and help you complete an ODP checkup on your program before the examiners get there. Whether you are automated or ad hoc, whether you are FDIC or OCC examined, there are some themes and specific things the examiners will target in the examination process this year. We will take a look at litigation, federal laws, state law issues and other ODP “hotspots” in this regulatory environment.
- Your ODP program and whether it will pass the test—checklist for exams
- Regulation E, Reg DD and State Laws 2005 JT Guidance, 2010 FDIC Guidance, and OCC’s take on ODP
- Examination “hot spots” and how the rules are being interpreted
- Law suits around the country and how banks are being targeted for unfair trade
- Your policy, procedures, fees and marketing in 2019
- Fair or unfair trade? A look at the federal and potential state issues
- Frequently asked questions about overdraft programs
- Why fees have to be consistent
- And much, much more…
This informative session is designed for the compliance area, deposit operations and management who are responsible for implementing a fair and compliant Overdraft Program.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has over 30 years of combined teaching and banking experience.