THIS PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE IN WEBINAR AND LIVE SEMINAR FORMAT.
Please select option on registration form below!
- Seminar (Dec. 16, 2019 - Lexington, KY)- $295 per person, includes Continental Breakfast, plus a comprehensive manual. This seminar will also be held in St. Petersburg, FL. on Jan. 7, 2020. You can register for that location HERE.
- Webinar (Jan. 7, 2020 - Streamed Live from St Petersburg, FL) - $575 - unlimited number of attendees at a single location, plus the recording and an electronic version of the extensive training manual.
- Seminar and Webinar - $705 - one attendee at the seminar, with all of the seminar benefits listed above, plus all of the benefits of the webinar
For information on a discount of 33%, visit this page and register for our Compliance Masters Group Preview Session taking place on January 8, 2020.
“Keeping up” is the most common training goal for compliance and lending personnel. Since the late 1960’s, the steady stream of new consumer laws and regulations has been continuously supplemented by revisions of previously issued regulations. Often, compliance errors occur simply because the lender was unaware of the change.
2019 was busy year. Several sections of The Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA) became effective. Final rules implementing the Mandatory Purchase of Private Flood Insurance took effect on July 1, 2019. Use of the revised Uniform Residential Mortgage Application was delayed from July 1, 2019 to an unknown date. Rules for Payday Loans, scheduled to take effect on August 19, 2019 were delayed, in part, by a Court Order, and, in part, by a final rule that delays mandatory compliance for part of the regulation to November 19, 2020. Changes were also proposed for the Community Reinvestment Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
This one-day program provides a thorough update on numerous lending compliance topics in a single program; thereby saving the attendee time and their institution’s money. The 300+ page manual serves as a handbook long after the program is completed. Attendees are able to:
- Understand recent changes; and
- Development a plan to implement pending changes.
The full-day program covers developments within the last 12 months for the:
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Truth in Lending Act/ Regulation Z
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Flood Insurance
- Payday Loans;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act,
- SAFE Act,
- And much more
Issues to be discussed include:
- Truth in Lending/Regulation Z
- EGRRCPA amends rules for TRID, qualified mortgages, escrows, ability to repay, private education loans, and appraisals;
- Semi-annual Daylight Savings Time adjustment;
- Adjustment to annual thresholds;
- HMDA/Regulation C
- EGRRCPA partial exemption;
- Proposed change to coverage thresholds;
- ECOA/Regulation B
- Revised Uniform Residential Mortgage Application (1003).
- Payday Loans/Regulation OO
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- EGRRCPA extends period of availability of foreclosure relief
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act/Regulation F
- Proposed rules that implement the FDCPA;
- Flood Insurance
- Mandatory purchase of private flood insurance rules were effective July 1, 2019;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act/Regulation V
- EGRRCPA amends rules for identity fraud, security freezes, medical debt, and creates a rehab program for delinquent student loan borrowers.
- Consent decrees from CFPB, DOJ and HUD
- And much more.
This program is designed for compliance officers, loan officers, auditors and others who are familiar with the basic requirements of the covered regulations.
Robin Cooper, CRCM is the Director of Compliance for Compliance Resource, LLC, a source of compliance assistance for financial institutions. Robin’s career in banking began in 2004. Since that time she has worked for community and regional financial institutions ranging from $100 million to $1 billion in asset size regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Federal Reserve Board (FRB). Robin has worked in numerous compliance and banking roles, including Compliance Auditor, Internal Auditor, BSA Officer, and Compliance Officer. In 2010 Robin established and led the, now longstanding, Central Kentucky compliance roundtable for compliance officers in central and southern Kentucky to convene and discuss emerging compliance issues. Robin has a bachelor’s degree in Government from Centre College, attended the American Bankers Association National Compliance School, and is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 43 years. In 38 years as a trainer over 145,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
Brent Vincent is the Director of Operations for Compliance Resource, LLC, a source of compliance assistance for financial institutions. Having been in the industry over three years, Brent has participated in hundreds of webinars and online programs on lending and deposit compliance topics delivered to bankers across the United States. In addition to delivering training programs, Brent maintains the Compliance Resource website, oversees the security of our customer information and transactions, serves as a resource in the Community Forum, and manages the Compliance Marketplace. He has received the ABA Certificate in Deposit Compliance. Brent has a degree in Computer Engineering Technology from Sullivan Institute of Technology and Design and is working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies at Sullivan University.