During this program, we will prepare you for all the new issues and continuing challenges face the BSA officer and staff. From the new SAR to beneficial ownership, this program will help you set the stage for a successful audit and examination. Some of the key issues involving risk assessments, new account procedures, and handling high risk customers will be addressed and you will leave with a BSA Officer’s Tool Kit full of risk, training and research tools.
This full day program includes:
- Develop and manage a risk assessment;
- Manage Alerts from Red Flag to SAR;
- Update your policy and procedures;
- Common errors on the CTR and SAR;
- Common errors on the Beneficial Ownership Certification;
- Investigating Financial Crimes;
- Opening and managing accounts for high risk customers;
- Challenges on drilling down on business accounts;
- Marijuana, third party payment processors, money service businesses – on going issues;
- Developing training plans for your staff;
- Creating a culture of compliance; and more
BSA Officers, BSA Staff, Compliance and Operations
Deborah L Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc. a Virginia/Louisiana based training company. She has been an instructor and a banker for over 30 years. She obtained her bachelors and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. Her specialty is the deposit side of the financial institution including BSA, IRAs and deposit regulations. Over the years she has been an instructor for many state associations and leagues.