On June 17, 2021 the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) announced the availability of data on 2020 mortgage lending transactions at 4,475 U.S. financial institutions reported under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). Covered institutions include banks, savings associations, credit unions, and mortgage companies.
The FFIEC also released several data products to serve a variety of data users.
- The HMDA Dynamic National Loan-Level Dataset is updated, on a weekly basis, to reflect late submissions and resubmissions.
- The Snapshot National Loan-Level Dataset contains the national HMDA datasets as of a fixed date, in the case of 2020 data, May 1, 2021.
- Aggregate and Disclosure Reports provide summary information on individual financial institutions and geographies.
- The HMDA Data Browser allows users to create custom tables and download datasets that can be further analyzed.
- In addition, beginning in late March 2021, the FFIEC made available Loan/Application Registers for each HMDA filer of 2020 data, modified to protect borrower privacy.